The Director of Audience Development role is a leadership position within the SourceMedia Audience Development department. This position is responsible for determining the marketing strategies and overseeing the creation and execution of all marketing campaigns necessary to increase audience size, quality, and engagement across all SourceMedia brands and their associated product lines.
This position interfaces directly with publishers and department heads on a regular basis to outline their specific audience needs in order to plan and execute campaigns to meet strategic objectives. This position serves as a liaison between the central Audience Development group and the various business departments and also plays a key role in ensuring the Audience Development department is meeting the audience needs of all internal business groups.
This role will be expected to develop new and innovative marketing campaigns and strategies that increase user engagement and contribute directly to the overall growth and health of the audience database. Tracking the effectiveness and ROI of these campaigns against KPI goals through proper reporting and use of analytics tools will be a key function.
This position will be in charge of relevant budgets pertaining to audience development marketing and will supervise a staff of 4-5. This position will interface with fulfillment vendors as required and is responsible for the management of all controlled circulation marketing.
In order to be strongly considered for this position you must be a self-starter who can multi-task and deliver on tight deadlines. You must also be a team player who has the ability to quickly gain the respect of peers and key stakeholders. You must be able to confidently manage key initiatives that require coordination across departments.
- Develop and lead the audience development strategies across all channels
- Manage two direct reports and an overall team of four to five
- Manage and determine the growth strategies for key databases, oversee list acquisition and enhancement efforts where helpful in growing target audiences
- Report on KPIs and key metrics including test results
- Manage all paid social media efforts and collaborate with editorial on organic social
- Oversee all marketing campaigns for new business development as well as customer retention and engagement campaigns
- Manage all controlled publication re-qualifications & new business
- Maintain and update all on-site conversion promotions and landing pages as well as email campaigns
- Analyze and track the following across all publications: engagement levels, trials, registrations, subscriptions, conversion rates, ROIs, and KPIs.
- Create, deploy and manage any customer communication regarding our publications
- 8 years’ experience in audience development / circulation management or demand generation with a proven track record of developing creative solutions to grow audience
- Digital marketing expert with significant email marketing expertise
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or other related field
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work well with others at different levels in the organization
- Strong data management & manipulation skills – advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Google Analytics, and other analysis tools
- Experience with email marketing, marketing automation, and campaign analysis - HTML a plus
- Direct experience email service platforms such as Marketo
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership. For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.